Minn Kota’s trusted line of bow-mount trolling motors have been re-designed to help anglers get more out of their time on the water - including QUEST, a powerful new brushless technology platform.
RACINE, Wis. (JUN 26, 2023) – Since 1934 Minn Kota has been known for developing real, fishable features that help anglers explore new water, go further, and put more fish in the boat. The best trolling motors available just got even better with a complete restage of Minn Kota’s bow-mount motor lineup and the introduction of QUEST technology. New and upgraded Ultrex™, Ulterra®, Instinct™, Terrova®, Riptide Terrova®, PowerDrive™, and Riptide PowerDrive™ bow mount trolling motors are being reintroduced with a brand new look and updated technology suite full of angler-friendly enhancements.
In addition to all the GPS navigational features anglers have come to expect from Minn Kota, like Spot-Lock and Follow-the-contour, all of these new additions to the motor lineup will feature enhanced boat control tools for anglers – no matter their preferred species. Whether fresh or saltwater and regardless of skill level or pursuit, Minn Kota’s redesigned line of trolling motors has an option for any angler looking for bulletproof reliability and unmatched performance on the water.
New Features for All Bow-Mount Models:
- NEW Enhanced GPS Suite Including Drift Mode to allow anglers to spend more time fishing and less time on boat control
- Drift Mode: combats current and wind by automatically adjusting speed and direction to keep the boat on a true drift. Drift Mode acts as a gps drift sock eliminating the need for cumbersome ropes or shallow water anchor paddles
- Improved Follow-the-Contour functionality: allows for better LakeMaster and CoastMaster integration to stay on the desired course.
- Dodge Mode: allows anglers to quickly leave auto navigation mode to manually steer through waves and around structures and then resume navigating without resetting their route.
- Out of the Box connection to Humminbird via the One-Boat Network by including all necessary adapters required for networking without additional need for setup
- One App for Everything – the One-Boat Network App can control everything on the boat from the trolling motor and shallow water anchors to the Humminbird head units
- Enhanced Built-in 2D Sonar with Dual Spectrum CHIRP adds Humminbird’s unrivaled sonar clarity to every Minn Kota motor
Minn Kota QUEST Brushless Technology
Motors with QUEST technology might resemble some of Minn Kota’s most popular and trusted models, but have been completely redesigned from the ground up to tackle the toughest environments. QUEST motors feature a dual 24 or 36-volt brushless lower unit, a carbon fiber-infused upgraded shaft, reinforced brackets, and pivot points. Boasting 30% longer runtime and up to 50% more torque*, these motors are built for the most demanding anglers, helping them get out earlier, stay out later and fish in wind, waves and current that others can’t.
Minn Kota Ultrex, Ulterra, Instinct, Terrova, and Riptide Terrova motors will all now be available with QUEST technology. With available shaft lengths up to 100”, Riptide Terrova and Instinct QUEST motors were made to tackle the toughest offshore environments on bigger boats than ever before.
With improved and upgraded components such as mounts, brackets, shafts, and pivot points, the motors are built to handle the increase in power in the harshest environments. QUEST motors include an upgraded lift assist assembly for effortless stow and deployment, carbon fiber shafts with increased lengths, Auto Park to automatically turn the motor when stowing, new propellers to cut through heavy vegetation while maintaining peak power output and fewer moving parts to prevent unnecessary wear over the life of the product.
New Features for QUEST Models:
- Dual 24 or 36-volt Brushless Motor with up to 30% longer runtime and 50% greater torque*
- Up to 30% longer runtime on a single charge provides anglers more time on the water
- Up to 50% greater torque means more precise control in wind and waves and the ability to shed weeds more effectively
- Redesigned and Upgraded Mount to accommodate the additional thrust and torque of the lower unit
- Carbon Fiber Infused Shaft for enhanced durability while maintaining flexibility to protect the bow of an angler’s boat
- Peak Performance and Efficiency from Updated Propellors which maximize torque throughout the speed range
- New Lift-Assist Assembly to make getting the motor in and out of the water effortless (select models)
- Real-Time Battery Monitoring System lets anglers know time until empty at a given speed setting and prompts users to enter a power saving eco mode when batteries reach 20% charge
- No Loss of Power: constant power throughout the day with no drop in motor performance as battery voltage decreases of the length of a fishing day
- One-Boat Network Programmable Button: customized presets to include stow and deploy Minn Kota shallow water anchors, mark a waypoint, or engage autopilot
- QUEST Technology availability: Ultrex, Ulterra, Instinct, Terrova, Riptide Terrova
*Compared to 24 volt brushed motor when run at maximum speed setting
Originally posted on https://minnkota.johnsonoutdoors.com/